FX16 Hair Loss Solutions
Beat hair loss by stopping hair thinning and regrowing more hair.
We work closely with prescribers all around the country offering our expertise and advice.
Know the Facts, Know the Science, Get Advice.
UNDERSTANDING THE SCIENCE
DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM
Without a penetrating delivery vehicle, the active ingredients will simply wash off the skin and the solution will not work.
THE REASON WHY:
The first layer of the skin is called the stratum corneum. It is a waterproof barrier and does not let any drug or chemical through it. You can’t just add the drugs in water or spirit and hope it will go through the skin. You need a particular type of liquid solution with special chemicals called penetration enhancers. These penetration enhancers carry the drugs through the skin and to the hair root via the transepidermal route (A).
What you need
Proven ingredients used by Dermatologists
Prevent damage to the blood vessels within. The blood vessels need to regenerate to provide oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicle.
When the levels of DHT are lower, there is less damage to the blood vessels of the hair root.
Vitamin A derivative that further stimulates new hair by forming new blood vessels in the hair root. This supplies the hair root with double the amount of oxygen and nutrients than before.
Vitamin B5 helps make red blood cells to carry oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles while Vitamin B6 can reduce smoke-induced hair loss.
Caffeine can increase blood circulation in the scalp and acts as a powerful antioxidant. This may prevent free-radical damage to the hair follicles.
OTHER HAIR LOSS TREATMENTS
Minoxidil-only containing treatments do not treat the main cause of hair loss.
Oral tablets may cause sexual side effects that limit its use. The topical solution has a much lower risk of sexual side effects because only very small amounts of the solution enters the blood stream. Instead it acts locally on the scalp and can give better results with a much lower risk of side effects.
RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
They referred me to a prescriber for proper assessment instead of just selling me another shampoo and vitamin.
They wanted to help and give me the correct advice.
They follow up regularly to ensure I use it correctly and I am happy with the results.
My GP was pleased with how they wanted to work closely with my doctor and were always available to answer questions.
Understanding Hair Loss
Knowing the facts of hair loss is an important step in hair regrowth. Recognising the signs and how to combat hair thinning is essential for both men and women.
Recognise the Signs
Knowing the symptoms of hair thinning means you start treatment early and avoid the stress.
In women, the first signs of female pattern baldness may be a widening part or a feeling that the hair does not feel as thick as usual. Although the scalp may be visible, the hairline usually does not recede.
What Can Cause Hair Loss
- The hormone DHT is the main cause of hair loss in most men and some women
- Certain vitamin deficiencies such as low iron can cause hair loss
- Hormonal changes such as in pregnancy, menstruation, menopause and thyroid problems
- A very stressful event. Many people experience a general thinning of hair several months after a physical or emotional shock. This type of hair loss is temporary.
- Certain hairstyles and treatments.
PREVENTION AND TIPS
These tips may help you avoid hair loss:
- Ensure your iron, zinc and vitamin D levels are within a healthy normal range
- If iron supplements cause you stomach upset or constipation, ask us about our compounded iron formula that has a low risk of stomach upset and constipation.
- If over the counter vitamin D supplements are taking too long to increase your vitamin D levels, ask us about our high dose compounded vitamin D.
- Avoid medications and supplements that could cause hair loss.
- Avoid tight hairstyles, such as braids or ponytails
- Avoid compulsively twisting, rubbing or pulling
- Treat your hair gently when washing and brushing. A wide-toothed comb may help prevent pulling out hair. Avoid brushing the hair when it is wet and fragile. Use a comb or the fingers instead.
- Avoid harsh treatments such as hot rollers, curling irons, hot oil treatments and permanents.
- Protect your hair from sunlight and other sources of ultraviolet light.
- Stop smoking. Some studies show an association between smoking and baldness.
WHAT CAUSES MALE PATTERN BALDNESS
DHT stands for Dihydrotestosterone
DHT is an essential hormone in our body. Men that are balding have higher amounts of this hormone in their scalp where it is not that essential. Men that are not balding will have much lower levels of DHT in their scalp.
DHT is the main cause of hair loss in men and some women. It attacks the blood vessels of the hair root starving the hair follicle of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the hair to shrink and fall out.
It reduces the hair growth phase and increases the hair shedding phase. Meaning, more hairs fall out each day and less hairs grow back to replace those that have fallen out.
HOW CAN WE TREAT MALE PATTERN HAIR LOSS
Visit your doctor for an assessment
Get the right advice for you from a prescriber.
DHT damges the root and causes shrinkage
The damaged hairs fall out but the hair bulbs are still alive
All the hair bulbs that are still alive can regrow hair with the right treatment.
WHAT CAUSES FEMALE PATTERN BALDNESS
The first step is to know what kind of hair loss you have
Hereditary hair loss is often cause by high levels of DHT in the scalp similar to men. DHT will damage the blood vessels in the root of the hair starving the hair follicle of oxygen and nutrients
This leads to a progressive shortening of the hair’s growth cycle and a gradual shrinking of your hair follicles.
Eventually they no longer produce new hair and lead to a general thinning of hair.
Non-Hereditary hair loss is usually temporary hair loss called telogen effluvium.
Certain vitamin deficiencies such as low iron can cause hair loss. Hormonal changes such as in pregnancy, menstruation, menopause and thyroid problems can also affect the hair.
A stressful or traumatic event can cause a general thinning of hair several months after the physical or emotional shock.
Non-Hereditary hair loss (telogen effluviam) causes the hair to remain in a resting state, increasing shedding and temporarily thinning hair.
FX16 100mL Solution Price: $90AUD per bottle